Christ Church Northern Beaches
is committed to growing in membership and maturity for the glory of God.
We are committed to connecting people to the Lord Jesus Christ and to be transformed by His gospel, as revealed by God in the Bible, living lives full of faith, hope and love.
Locally, we seek to achieve this as we LEAN
on Christ in prayer, LEARN
from Christ's word, LOVE
like Christ in the church, LIVE
for Christ in our community and LONG
with Christ for His promised return. Broadly, we are delighted to be a part of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and have committed to our Diocesan 2020 Vision.
To see Christ honoured as Lord & Saviour in every community.
We commit ourselves afresh, in prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit, to glorify God and love our neighbour by proclaiming the Lord jesus Christ, calling people to repent and living lives worthy of Him.
Our values flow from our identity in Christ. We are created in God's image and redeemed by Christ's blood for the glory of our Heavenly Father.
We therefore value and cherish:
* God's word, the Bible, as our ultimate authority and guide;
* the reading and explanation of the Bible as the basic method of our ministry;
* the centrality of the cross of Christ and His resurrection in our proclamation and in our lives;
* lives of holiness and humility that adorn the gospel;
* prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit for power to speak and hearts to change;
* an urgent love for people who, apart from faith in Christ Jesus, face certain condemnation under the righteous judgement of God;
* selfless flexibility and creativity to reach the many different peoples in our communities with the gospel;
* partnerships between and among individuals, churches, Anglican schools, diocesan organisations, and faithful members of the Anglican Communion;
* repentant hearts and renewal by God's grace.
1) Reach all the lost in our Diocese with the life-giving gospel of Christ;
2) Deepen spiritual maturity among our members;
3) Equip our members to exercise their gifts;
4) Respond to the changing face of our society.
You can download and read the full statement here